The holidays are just ahead, and that means fun parties and good times with friends and family…and being in endless photos. Don’t panic! Here are some awesome tricks for how to be photogenic and stand out in every photo.
Makeup tricks to help put your best face forward
- A little extra blush can go a long way. Camera flashes have a tendency to steal the color from your face. If you are undecided when applying your makeup, just take a quick selfie. You’d be surprised how different your makeup looks on camera!
- Don’t forget those brows. Your eyebrows show so much expression. Filling in your brows with a little bit of eyeshadow will ensure that the camera flash won’t make any gaps in your eyebrows and help you to look more like, well, you!
- Falsies. You don’t have to put on crazy drag queen lashes to look good in photos. Sometimes just some shorter lashes will give a little more volume and oomph!
- Try a statement lip. If you do a fun, darker color for fall or winter it can make your teeth look whiter. Also, wearing a bolder lip will stand out and give your smile more definition as opposed to wearing a nude lip or clear gloss. Show it off ladies!
Hold that head up high (and keep your chin down)
- Keep calm and smile on. Don’t hold your jaw in a vice grip. Keep it relaxed and lightly press your tongue to the roof of your mouth to keep your smile from becoming too wide.
- Become a turtle! Push your head a little outward and upward while slightly pulling your chin down to get your face away from your body and wave goodbye to those extra chins!
- No more cheese. Think of a fun memory or joke to get your smile looking a little more organic instead of plastered on. Your face will look happier and your eyes will twinkle!
- No teeth showing? No problem! I do not like showing my teeth in photos so I use the Tyra Banks “Smizing” technique (smiling with your eyes) or a sly side-smile.
Body positioning hacks for maximum hotness
- Watch those upper arms. Keep your upper arms a few inches away from your torso. When they are flat they can appear wider. Try putting them on your hips to give it a little flair!
- Show us your good side. Turning at ¾ of an angle can be so much more slimming than standing head on in a photograph. Add a hand on that hip and some amazing posture and you are working it!
- Sitting down: When sitting, always have good posture and cross your feet at the ankles. When crossing is done at the knees or one leg over the other you can make it appear as if there is more there than you want (think about the upper arms against the torso).
What to wear to look your best
- How to be photogenic when it comes to fashion? Use color theory to your advantage! If you are experiencing a sunburn, rosacea, or a flair up of blemishes, wearing red will only exacerbate the problem. Try wearing something with green in it to neutralize that redness.
- Don’t be too busy. Colorful checks and patterns can be very cute but they will be seeing that instead of your gorgeous self. Keep it simple and you will always look elegant.
- Texture and color matter. Thinner, tighter, and lighter in color fabrics can show off more than you want at times. Wearing darker clothing can help you to look slimmer. There is more than one reason I only wear black!
I hope these tips for how to be photogenic help you feel more comfortable in front of the camera. You can always practice with selfies so you are not loathing every picture you’re in. Regardless of how you decide to pose in your photo ops, you are always gorgeous! We are our own worst critics right? Love yourself and you will always shine in every photograph you are in!
Take care ladies! Xo
Click here to subscribe today for free and you’ll never miss an article.