For your next party or brunch, you’ll definitely want to add these Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Canapes to the menu. They’re simple and easy to make and are sure to be a big hit with your guests.
Salmon Cream Cheese Spread Ingredients
- ¼ pound smoked Nova salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha Hot Chile Sauce
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon chervil or basil, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile
- Bagel chips
Salmon Cream Cheese Spread Directions
- Place the salmon, onion, cream cheese, hot sauce, lemon zest, and basil in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until all the ingredients are mixed together and are perfectly smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a wide tip.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Slice the flesh off the outside of a jalapeno and cut into very thin julienne strips.
- Just before serving time, spread the bagel chips out on a flat surface. Spread a generous dollop of Salmon Spread atop each chip. Garnish with the jalapeno strips.
Don’t Forget the Vino!
The delicate flavor of the smoked salmon and cream cheese paired with the spice from the jalapeno strips opens up a lot of options when it comes to the wine you choose. However, after narrowing down the flavor profile, we selected a crisp Brut Rose to work with the heat of the jalapenos and the sriracha. As always, no wine is one size fits all, so go ahead and drink whatever you’d like – even if it’s delicious sparkling water!