Fashion is more than the clothes you put on your body or the shoes on your feet. If you’re anything like me, you’ve spent months – nay, YEARS studying the world and have become familiar with the designers, the models and the critics in the industry. You subscribe to the “required reading” list… Vogue, W, Elle and Harper’s Bazaar.
Not only do you have the knowledge, but you understand fashion as a form of self-identity. There’s not a better way to show what mood you’re in on a given day, what interests you, or how you would put together an ensemble. To you, fashion is more than just what you wear, it’s everything, and you never leave your house without a perfectly styled #OOTD (outfit of the day).
Yes, us fashion-fanatics stalk our favorite bloggers’, stylists’, and designers’ Instagram feeds like it’s our job, but sometimes, being a fan can swiftly escalate to a full-blown addiction before you know it. Here’s a small list to know if you have an “issue.”
7. The homepage of your iPhone essentially looks like a mall directory.
6. Jenna Lyons is your guru, goddess and spirit-animal.
5. In your version of the dictionary, a mule is not an animal… it’s a form of footwear.
4. When you hear the word “stack,” you immediately think of jewelry.
3. You always overpack for trips because you know you’ll want outfit options when you arrive.
2. You have your credit card number memorized.
1. You find it completely reasonable to spend up to 50% of your paycheck on a single handbag. 😉
What other signs am I missing? Are you a fashion addict? Share your comments with me via Twitter!