As Mother’s Day looms ever-closer, you’ll find the internet bombarded with sales and gift suggestion tips. That said, many of those sale items and gift suggestions are gimmicky items that will never get used and will likely sit collecting dust.
If you want to give (or receive) a gift that will actually get used, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve collected a few must-have items for your Mother’s Day gift consideration list, starting with the tried-and-true classic — jewelry. Let’s dive in!
About Lab-grown Diamonds
Before gifting your mother a piece of jewelry, it’s important to consider all the options that will allow you to maximize your gift. So, let’s talk about lab-grown diamonds.
Diamonds used in jewelry have traditionally been mined diamonds. Those diamonds have been dug up from the earth’s depths, cleaned, cut, and made into jewelry. However, lab-grown diamonds have become an increasingly popular diamond alternative in the past decade (though the technology has been around for over half a century).
Don’t let the name “diamond alternative” fool you. Lab-grown diamonds are real diamonds. These diamonds are created in a lab setting that mimics the natural processes under which carbon is transformed into diamond. The end result is a diamond that is chemically, optically, and physically identical to a mined diamond.
Benefits to Lab-grown Diamonds
If lab-grown diamonds and mined diamonds are identical, then why do people choose to buy lab-grown diamonds? Buyers choose lab-grown diamonds for many reasons, namely the benefits they offer over their mined counterparts. Here’s a breakdown of the benefits of lab-grown diamonds:
- Lab-grown diamonds are usually a fraction of the price of mined diamonds. Buyers get more carats per dollar when they purchase a lab-grown diamond.
- For the environmentally and ethically conscious buyer, lab-grown diamonds are an ethical and environmentally-friendly diamond alternative. There is less environmental damage and no unethical mining practices associated with lab-grown diamonds.
- Lab-grown diamonds come in a variety of colors, so it’s easy to find an option that best suits your needs!
Lab-grown Diamond Mothers Day Gifts
Luckily, lab-grown diamonds can be used in any jewelry piece that a mined diamond can be used in. So, there’s no shortage of options to choose from. Here are a few lab-grown diamond jewelry options to consider for your spectacular Mother’s Day gift.
- Diamond Stud Earrings: The perfect, simple jewelry piece that’s versatile enough for everyday or formal wear.
- Pendants: From the traditional teardrop to an eclectic Marquise-cut, there are tons of diamond pendant options that will help you personalize the gift for your mom.
- Tennis Bracelets: An elegant and classic bracelet option for those who prefer their bling on their wrists.
- Fashion Rings: Make a statement without trying too hard with a simple fashion ring (or rings!) to pair with any outfit. Just don’t forget to get mom’s ring size!
Other Mothers Day Gifts We’re Loving
If diamonds aren’t the right choice for your Mother’s Day gift, you’ve still got a lot of fun and interesting options to choose from. Here are some of our favorite Mother’s Day Gifts this year.
- Get a Customized Portrait: Get your favorite photo printed with a modern touch. Your mom will love the simple but vibrant design of this customized portrait.
- A Birch Box Subscription: Is your mother a beauty-lover? This Birch Box subscription sends her a box of the newest beauty products every month!
- A Bidet: Yes, a bidet. Give the gift of cleanliness, convenience, and, if the reviewers are telling the truth, a life-changing bathroom solution.
- Wine Bucket: For the wine moms out there, this bucket provides a classy-looking chilling station for your wine or other drinks.
Buying a gift for Mother’s Day doesn’t have to be hard. Focus on gifting something that will touch your mother’s heart for years to come, whether it’s jewelry or another awesome gift. Good luck!