Sometimes it just takes a little something special to liven up what would otherwise be an ordinary dinner. This roasted cauliflower recipe is a delicious side dish that can transform your meal. It works with anything, from beef, to chicken, to fish and can even sit proudly on your holiday dinner table. Best of all, it’s easy to make and looks as good as it tastes. Try it soon!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6-inch piece of a baguette
- 4 ounces Roquefort, finely crumbled
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Place the cauliflower on a small baking pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower and sprinkle salt and pepper. Then transfer it to the oven.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is beginning to brown.
- In the meanwhile, slice the baguette into ½ inch slices and then cut the slices into quarters. Transfer the bread to a food processor fitted with a metal blade and chop to make finely chopped fresh breadcrumbs.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Roquefort and tarragon in a small bowl, mixing with a fork or your fingers until the texture is uniform.
- When the cauliflower begins to brown, remove the pan from the oven, and pat the seasoned breadcrumbs onto the cauliflower to encase it. Don’t worry if some of the crumbles fall onto the pan: they will toast and be absolutely delicious.
- Return the cauliflower to the oven and continue roasting for 5 to 10 minutes longer, until the bread crumbs on the cauliflower have browned.
To serve, slice the cauliflower into wedges as if cutting a cake. Serves 8.
To make this roasted cauliflower recipe even easier, use toasted breadcrumbs and mix them with the cheese and tarragon.
READ: A PERFECT DISH TO SERVE AT YOUR CHRISTMAS DINNER
READ: BEST ROSÉ WINES FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Did you like this article? Sign up (it's free!) and we'll send you great articles like this every week. Subscribe for free here.