Toasty turtlenecks are a real winter-wardrobe lifesaver. Ubiquitously French chic, a simple turtleneck tee with a pair of jeans and flats is a great go-to look for everyday wear. But the turtleneck’s tireless style doesn’t end there. In today’s fashion world, half-nostalgic and half-futurism, the shape of the turtle neck has adapted accordingly.
Here’s a few other ways to style them:
- High-waisted jeans are great for a tuck, but that limits you to the textile type. For chunkier sweaters, just tuck the front over one pocket to add a slimming effect between the two pieces of clothing.
- Turtleneck dresses are perfect with a pair of tights in a pattern, or richly colored opaque tights.
- Turtlenecks are the layering masters; you can use one layered under nearly anything, adding a bit of warmth while offering an opportunity to accessorize, as well! For example-wear all black, with a red turtleneck under your black sweater/top, and match your lipstick and shoes for a fun coordinated color pop.
- Turtlenecks are also great for the office; nothing says business like a turtleneck under a blazer, yet it also feels a bit more casual than the collared button-up.
- Turtlenecks present a great opportunity to layer your necklaces. Longer necklaces paired with a turtleneck create a slenderizing line from the jaw down.
- Larger scarves also look nice layered over a turtleneck; play with the scarf to create more asymmetrical shapes over the shoulders.
Cable + Gauge, Turtleneck Sweater, $20
Everlane, Cotton Turtleneck Tee, $25
Calvin Klein Jeans, Mix Ribbed Turtleneck Sweater, $40
Noisy May Kira Turtleneck Sweater, $69
QI, Cashmere Turtleneck, $70
Topshop Oversize Turtleneck Sweater, $75
Farrow, Joie Rib Knit Turtleneck Sweater, $98
Anthropologie Ribbed Turtleneck, $98