Toasty turtlenecks are a real winter-wardrobe lifesaver. Ubiquitously French chic, a simple turtleneck tee with a pair of jeans and flats is a great go-to look for everyday wear. But the turtleneck’s tireless style doesn’t end there. Whether it is a chic brunch with the girls, the boardroom or date night, the turtleneck is poised to continue its reign as the best go-to wardrobe piece no matter the setting!
Below you’ll find our suggestions for every setting, followed by some style tips for coordinating them into your closet.
Best Prints to Pair with Blazers for the Office
Ann Taylor| Blackwatch Plaid Turtleneck Top | $50
Context | Turtleneck Chain Knit Sweater | $30
Halogen | Print Short Sleeve Turtleneck Top | $50
The Best Turtleneck to Sit Around the Fire Under the Stars
Anthropologie | Ainsley Thermal Turtleneck | $68
The Comfiest Turtleneck for Casual Days
Saffron | Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater | $90
Ten Sixty Sherman | Twist Front Turtleneck Top | $39
The Best Turtlenecks for Date Nights & Parties
Ann Taylor | Shimmer Ribbed Turtleneck Top | $65
Frank and Oak | Leopard Printed Long-Sleeved Mockneck | $50
Ann Taylor | Cheetah Print Turtleneck | $50
Free People | Double Layer Mesh Turtleneck Top | $50
Here’s a few other ways to style them:
- High-waisted jeans are great for a tuck, but that limits you to the textile type. For chunkier sweaters, just tuck the front over one pocket to add a slimming effect between the two pieces of clothing.
- Turtleneck dresses are perfect with a pair of tights in a pattern, or richly colored opaque tights.
- Turtlenecks are the layering masters; you can use one layered under nearly anything, adding a bit of warmth while offering an opportunity to accessorize, as well! For example-wear all black, with a red turtleneck under your black sweater/top, and match your lipstick and shoes for a fun coordinated color pop.
- Turtlenecks are also great for the office; nothing says business like a turtleneck under a blazer, yet it also feels a bit more casual than the collared button-up.
- Turtlenecks present a great opportunity to layer your necklaces. Longer necklaces paired with a turtleneck create a slenderizing line from the jaw down.
- Larger scarves also look nice layered over a turtleneck; play with the scarf to create more asymmetrical shapes over the shoulders.
Did you like this article? Sign up (it's free!) and we'll send you great articles like this every week. Subscribe for free here.