Stop the Aging Process Tip #3: Good Skin Care
Here we go again ha ha! I cannot help but slide this into an article because I just can’t stress skin hydration and protection enough. Here are some great products and tips to keeping your largest organ happy and healthy:
- Cut down on drinking alcohol. One glass of wine a day is okay but it can really dehydrate you and your skin making all of those fine lines show.
- This goes without saying that smoking is also horrific for you and your skin.
- Oils and serums are your friends. They are great to add to your daily moisturizer. An extra pump of a few drops here and there can really boost your daily skin regimen.
- Limelife by Alcone Sotoks serum is made with songyi mushrooms helps brighten skin and reduce age spots while smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
Limelife by Alcone Sotoks, $42
- Sunscreen is a must. We need it everywhere the sun will hit. Don’t forget forearms and hands too. Those sun spots on the hands and forearms can be very tell-tale even if they are not on your face. Remember to get your neck and chest too.
- Supergoop! Sunscreen Stick is an easy way to get a good layer of protection where you need it because it’s a stick not a cream. Just a fun way to apply!
Supergoop! Sunscreen Stick, $24
Stop the Aging Process Tip #4: Staying Mentally Sharp
Keeping your mental acuity alive and flowing is so important. It really is another muscle to exercise.
- Are you into words or numbers? Crosswords and sudoku are so wonderful for staying alert and mentally healthy.
- New York Times crossword puzzle app is one of the easiest ways to get your fix! A daily dose and backlogs that have over 20 years of puzzles…
- Is there a subject you have always wanted to learn more about? Great Course Plus is an app where you can listen to classes in lectures on just about anything you desire.
- Learn a new language. When your brain starts thinking in new ways and creating new pathways it thanks you whole-heartedly. It loves to be challenged and worked! DuoLingo language app is a fun and free way to spruce up on your Spanish or French and maybe even inspire you to take a trip!
Stop the Aging Process Tip #5: De-Stress and Make Time for You
When we stress our bodies become tense, drained, depressed, and can even culminate sickness quicker. How many times have you taken a little bit of self-care time and thought “Wow! I really needed that!” Whether it’s a tiny disco nap in the middle of the day or taking a break for a relaxing bath. I know know you work so incredibly hard so take time for you too.
- Keeping your home and work tidy and uncluttered can help you so much. When you stress about mess it can create more anxiety and unhealthy things in your life. But if you take a few minutes a day to just do some laundry or wipe those kitchen counters it really helps.
- Marie Kondo is really onto something! Marie Kondo “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing” is an amazing book that really motivates you to be happy in your space.
- Curl up with a good book. When you are having racing thoughts and just need a break from your brain. Pick a up a good book and get lost in an adventure.
- Just practicing mindfulness a few hours a day can relieve stress and prioritize your thoughts. Focus on your lunch while eating or how the carpet feels under your feet. The cool thing is you can do it anywhere! Even taking a 5 minute break in your office to meditate can be such a good cleanser for your day as well.
Aging may be inevitable but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun!