Snacking is a great way to make your normal food routines more interesting, but we must also find healthier ways to snack instead of finding solace in starchy crisps and oil-drenched fries!
However, this doesn’t mean you have to resort to boring food to snack on either. With just a bit of awareness, you can play around with regular ingredients and pair them with a few interesting ones to create a fun appetizer that’s easy to prepare and fun to share with guests. After all, life is too awesome to eat the same boring stuff on a loop!
Here we bring to you a super simple and great tasting snack that is as easy to prepare as saying 1-2-3! This recipe for cranberry cheese bites requires just a few ingredients to create a fun munchy. It’s especially easy to assemble this dish if you already have a stock of homemade cranberry chutney. Overall, cranberry cheese bites are all about relishing comfort food in a fun and healthy package.
Talking about comfort, this dish has a no-mess preparation. There is zero to minimal cleaning required after you are done cooking it. Isn’t that amazing? If you do find yourself with a mess on your hands, The Daring Kitchen is a great resource for sharing information about the best mops to buy to minimize your cleaning worries.
With your cleaning troubles resolved, read on to find out about this recipe that is delicious, easy to prepare, and oh so addictive.
¼ cup dried unsweetened cranberries
1 tablespoon brown sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon honey
¼ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
6-8 spring roll wrappers/ sheets, preferably cut into squares
½ tablespoon dried unsweetened cranberries, to place on top
1. In a small pan, boil cranberries with brown sugar, cinnamon, honey, and ½ cup water until the cranberries turn soft and mushy. Add more water if required.
2. Cook cranberry chutney until the mixture is thick. Keep aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Place a thin wrapper sheet in each groove of a muffin tray so that you get a completely enclosed wrapper/ sheet pocket. Repeat this with the remaining sheets.
5. Now, add an equal quantity of cranberry chutney in each wrapper pocket.
6. Top chutney with an equal amount of cheese in each pocket.
7. Add the remaining dried cranberries over the cheese layer.
8. Bake the bites in an oven until the wrapper sheet turns light brown and the cheese melts.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Subscribe today for free to receive our weekly update and never miss an article.