The holidays are always a rush to go here and there. If you’re stuck in your day makeup and need to be somewhere for an evening party, but you don’t have time for a full face change, here are a few tips to show up party perfect.
1. Adding a little golden glow to your lower eyelid up to you crease with Laura Mercier Caviar Eyestick Colour in Gilded Gold. Using this rich gold to pop the half-moon of your eye creates a wide awake look. This formula doesn’t enhance the fine lines on your eyelid like a powder shadow can.
2. Darken the outer corner and crease of your eye with a dark shadow to jazz up your look for evening. Trish McEvoy 24 Eyeshadow and Eyeliner Stick in Crystal Grey is easy to apply over your existing shadow and blends easily to deepen your eye socket.
3. If you already have on eyeliner above your top lashline, the best way to add a more dramatic effect is to use Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen, which is double ended. One has a narrow tip and the other is fuller, so you have the choice of how thick a line you want to wear.
4. NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker has a micro fine felt tip that allows for even the makeup novice to achieve an accurate top liner.
5. Highlighter on top of your existing blush adds a warm metallic, golden glow to your cheekbones. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish/Soft & Gentle is a holiday favorite that gives the skin a lovely highlight.
6. Finish off your holiday party makeup with a glittery gold lipgloss. YSL Volupte Lipgloss in Gold is a perfect topper to your everyday lipstick. Add a small amount to the center of your lips and press them together. The hint of glitter is both subtle and festive.
NYX Cosmetic Glam Lip Gloss in Stone Foxy, is a sparkly gold that creates a fuller more voluminous lip pout.
Use these few tips to transform your basic makeup from day to night.
Enjoy your holiday parties with a little added glow!
Subscribe today for free to receive our weekly update and never miss an article.