Here at PrimeWomen, we’re always on the lookout for a quick breakfast that is high in nutrition. These hearty protein breakfast muffins will keep you fueled up for the week. If you are practicing intermittent fasting and not eating until noon or so, try having one of these muffins around 4:00pm with a 1/2 cup of berries to ward off that late afternoon slump and keep you going until your dinner meal.
The muffins are easy to customize with your choice of one protein, one cheese, and a mix of vegetables to add taste and nutrition. Experiment with different flavors to create your signature muffin. Here are a few options we recommend.
- Protein: Ham, breakfast sausage, chicken, chorizo, ground beef, turkey sausage
- Cheese: Monterey Jack, swiss, mozzarella, fontina, pepper jack, feta, muenster
- Veggies: Mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, kale, broccoli, artichokes, spinach, tomatoes
Below is our favorite combination of our ready-to-go muffins
Spinach, Bacon, Cheese Egg Muffin
- Cooking Spray
- 6 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach (excess water removed)
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes and chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375degrees.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl–use a whisk to blend the eggs until smooth, takes less than 1 minute.
- Add spinach, bacon, cheese to egg mixture stir to combine.
- Divide mixture into cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat
- Calories: 129 kcals
- Servings size: 1 egg muffins
- Carbs: 1g
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 10g
Want More Recipes >>> Breakfast Scones
Want Even More PrimeWomen >>> Follow us on Pinterest
Did you like this article? Sign up (it's free!) and we'll send you great articles like this every week. Subscribe for free here.