Traveling during the summer can be the best! Bright lights in the big city or relaxing by the beach with a good paperback. One thing you don’t want to bring on vacation is stress! Am I right, or am I right? Here are my top 15 makeup and skin care beauty essentials while on the go. Ready, Girl Scouts?
Beauty Essentials: Makeup
1. It Cosmetics Your Skin but Better™ CC+™ Cream with SPF 50+: Could this stuff be anymore versatile? On top of being an anti-aging formula, it gives you wonderful protection from the sun, hydrating coverage and it has a great fresh citrus smell to boot!
2. NARS Orgasm Cream Blush: Cream blushes are the cat’s pajamas and this one does not disappoint. This beauty essential has just the right amount of shimmer to give that healthy glow – whether you are going to a Broadway show or meeting family for a home-cooked meal.
3. Makeup Forever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation: This magical compact sets while giving an amazing amount of coverage. If you don’t feel like wearing foundation, give your face a few pats of this over sunscreen and you have a wonderful natural look while still getting some protection.
4. Still Stay all Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: This stuff does not go anywhere! I repeat, it stays on forever! So if you are hiking all over the globe and don’t have time to think twice about touching up your makeup, this little pen will slay all day!
5. Smashbox Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette: This little palette is a box of gems. Mattes and shimmers, warms and cools, for whatever look you want. Full on glam or natural goddess! SECRET TIP: These are very highly pigmented, so if you have an angled liner brush (like the signature vegan one from Limelight by Alcone) you can just dampen the end of the brush and use the brown or black eyeshadow for your lash line. That way, if you are going for a softer look, you will still have eyeliner but it will be blended and subdued.
6. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: This mascara is a game-changer. With one layer you look luscious and amazing. With three layers you look like you are wearing the most natural falsies ever! It is such a relief to find a good fiber mascara that doesn’t flake.
7. Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge Concealer: Having two shades and a matte finish make this the Swiss-Army Knife of concealers. It feels lightweight and you can use the different shades for under eye darkness and redness. SECRET TIP: It is an old beauty trick to use a concealer a shade or two lighter than your normal tone under your eyes. Most women do this but also use that same concealer for any blemishes. When you do that you are highlighting that acne and actually defining it even more. With the dual shades you get more bang for your buck and the correct colors for different areas of your face!
8. Lancôme Color Design Lipstick in “Red Stiletto”: Any color works here, really. I just think every woman needs a sassy red lip! You can wear them with a ball gown or blue jeans and they always make you feel sexy and noticed. This is a classic red tone that moisturizes and lasts.
9. Limelight by Alcone Signature Lip Gloss in “Wish”: This adorable and “blinged” out Gloss has a shimmery, light glow and a little mirror on the side for touch-ups on the go. They have so many wonderful shades, but I picked this one to be the more natural look after the red lipstick!
Beauty Essentials: Skincare
10. Alcone Make-Off Remover Cloths: The worst thing you can do to your skin is to not wash all of the product and pollutants off at the end of the day. These bad boys do all the tough work and get all that eye makeup and lipstick off before fully cleansing. If you are somewhere where you don’t trust the water or just can’t get to a powder room these work insanely well in a pinch! I’ve even seen women use them to get markers off their kids faces…the possibilities are endless! Haha!
11. Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel: This gentle foaming cleanser knocks out all those toxins and nasty bits your skin picked up during the busy day while soothing with awesome ingredients like Balm Mint and Lavender extracts.
12. Mario Badescue Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rose Water: It is all in the title. This spray is a refreshing pick-me-up for anyone that needs to get that layer of sweat off or apply some quick moisturizing. It smells divine as well, so it’s especially soothing. I have been stressed in airports and planes and this takes me to my happy place!
13. Sonia Roselli Water Balm Skin Prep: I have probably talked about this before but seriously, this is the moisturizer to end all moisturizers. It is made with Japanese spring water and smells like heaven!
14. Limelight by Alcone Masque of Zen: This little guy rocks my socks because he sucks out all of the impurities in your skin. You can do a full mask with it or just spot-treat acne while you’re sleeping. It is made with clay and tea tree oil to zap all the baddies living in your skin!
15. Jart Hydration Lover Rubber Mask: You never know what effect the new environment will have on your skin while traveling. I was in Colorado recently and could not moisturize enough! This mask saved my life. It has a silly name, but it means serious business. It helps moisturize while taking down any redness, dryness, and texturing that comes from dry skin.
These are my main travel buddies and beauty essentials while on the road or in the air. Having a small, versatile skincare and makeup stash while on the go is oh so important! You are ready for anything the weather throws your way, while looking fabulous for any occasion! Please feel free to email any questions you may have to email@example.com and I’ll be happy to share any secrets I have gathered throughout the years!
Safe travels! Xoxo