Traveling during the summer can be the best! Bright lights in the big city or relaxing by the beach with a good paperback. One thing you don’t want to bring on vacation is stress! Am I right, or am I right? Here are my top 15 makeup and skin care beauty essentials while on the go. Ready, Girl Scouts?
1. It Cosmetics Your Skin but Better™ CC+™ Cream with SPF 50+: Could this stuff be anymore versatile? On top of being an anti-aging formula, it gives you wonderful protection from the sun, hydrating coverage and it has a great fresh citrus smell to boot!
2. NARS Orgasm Cream Blush: Cream blushes are the cat’s pajamas and this one does not disappoint. This beauty essential has just the right amount of shimmer to give that healthy glow – whether you are going to a Broadway show or meeting family for a home-cooked meal.
3. Makeup Forever Mini Ultra HD Microfinishing Pressed Powder : A finishing powder that is ultra-blurring and light-diffusing to impart unfiltered perfection on all skintones—in every light.
4. Still Stay all Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: This stuff does not go anywhere! I repeat, it stays on forever! So if you are hiking all over the globe and don’t have time to think twice about touching up your makeup, this little pen will slay all day!
5. Smashbox Cover Shot Eyeshadow Palette: Smashbox Cover Shot Eye Palette Minimalist is a purse-sized, pigment-powered eyeshadow palette made to mesmerize and collect. Each palette has 2 base shadows & a curated mix of 6 colors, formulas & finishes so you can create your own looks & nail the latest eye makeup trends.
6. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: This mascara is a game-changer. With one layer you look luscious and amazing. With three layers you look like you are wearing the most natural falsies ever! It is such a relief to find a good fiber mascara that doesn’t flake.
7. Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge Concealer: Having two shades and a matte finish make this the Swiss-Army Knife of concealers. It feels lightweight and you can use the different shades for under eye darkness and redness. SECRET TIP: It is an old beauty trick to use a concealer a shade or two lighter than your normal tone under your eyes. Most women do this but also use that same concealer for any blemishes. When you do that you are highlighting that acne and actually defining it even more. With the dual shades you get more bang for your buck and the correct colors for different areas of your face!
8. Lancôme Color Design Lipstick in “Red Stiletto”: Any color works here, really. I just think every woman needs a sassy red lip! You can wear them with a ball gown or blue jeans and they always make you feel sexy and noticed. This is a classic red tone that moisturizes and lasts.
10. Alcone Make-Off Remover Cloths: The worst thing you can do to your skin is to not wash all of the product and pollutants off at the end of the day. These bad boys do all the tough work and get all that eye makeup and lipstick off before fully cleansing. If you are somewhere where you don’t trust the water or just can’t get to a powder room these work insanely well in a pinch! I’ve even seen women use them to get markers off their kids faces…the possibilities are endless! Haha!
11. Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel: This gentle foaming cleanser knocks out all those toxins and nasty bits your skin picked up during the busy day while soothing with awesome ingredients like Balm Mint and Lavender extracts.
12. Mario Badescue Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rose Water: It is all in the title. This spray is a refreshing pick-me-up for anyone that needs to get that layer of sweat off or apply some quick moisturizing. It smells divine as well, so it’s especially soothing. I have been stressed in airports and planes and this takes me to my happy place!
13. Jart Cryo Rubber Mask: You never know what effect the new environment will have on your skin while traveling. I was in Colorado recently and could not moisturize enough! This mask saved my life. It has a silly name, but it means serious business. It helps moisturize while taking down any redness, dryness, and texturing that comes from dry skin.
These are my main travel buddies and beauty essentials while on the road or in the air. Having a small, versatile skincare and makeup stash while on the go is oh so important! You are ready for anything the weather throws your way, while looking fabulous for any occasion! Please feel free to email any questions you may have to [email protected] and I’ll be happy to share any secrets I have gathered throughout the years!
Safe travels! Xoxo