If you’re like millions of others, the New Year will bring new goals and resolutions. And for so many, those resolutions include some sort of health goal: get back in shape, eat right, lose weight, and more. But for many just getting started can be hard. Where do you start, especially if you haven’t been active in a while? The Prime Women 30-Day Fitness Challenge was created by Prime Women for Prime Women to help you reach your health goals. All you need is 5 minutes a day to complete this 30-day fitness challenge!
How to Participate in the 30-Day Fitness Challenge
- Schedule 5 minutes a day to commit to yourself and your health. Set an alarm! Work up to 10 or 15 minutes a day if you can. But commit to at least 5 minutes.
- Get the tip, challenge, or workout of the day in the private Prime Women Facebook group. Or better yet, sign up for a daily email with the challenge of the day.
- Subscribe to Prime Women Media on YouTube and click receive notifications. This is where you can find all our workout videos and playlists. (Optional)
- Invite a friend to join you and help keep you accountable.
What is the Prime Women 30-Day Fitness Challenge?
The Prime Women 30-day fitness challenge is an opportunity to join other women in the pursuit of better health and wellness in the new year. It includes daily exercises, tips, nutritional suggestions, stretches, and a wealth of other daily health challenges designed to help you work towards a healthier year.
Starting the day after you sign up, there will be a daily video, workout, or tip to complete. If you can do at least 5 minutes a day for one month, you will be on your way to starting a habit you can keep up all year long and have a healthy 2023 and beyond!
30-Day Fitness Challenge
- Day 1: Go for a walk. Focus on setting an intention or use short bursts of speed for a more productive walk.
- Day 2: Do the first 5-minute, low-impact HIIT workout.
- Day 3: Stretch + Cut a source of sugar.
- Day 4: Do Yoga #1 for your neck, shoulders, and back
- Day 5: Work 16 muscles in 4 minutes with the Nitric Oxide Dump
- Day 6: Do Yoga #2 to relax the spine
- Day 7: Complete the first strength training workout.
- Day 8: Do a 10-minute yoga sequence to alleviate tension in the neck and jaw.
- Day 9: Get your heart rate up with low-impact jump alternatives.
- Day 10: Try something new with an introduction to Tai Chi. Do the first session.
- Day 11: Open up the hips and lower back with this yoga practice.
- Day 12: Try this 5-minute barre workout that focuses on your midsection.
- Day 13: Energize yourself by doing yoga for energy. If energized enough, repeat your favorite challenge.
- Day 14: Strengthen your legs with Strength Training #2.
- Day 15: Do yoga for balance and leg strength.
- Day 16: Increase your core temp and heart rate with the highest intensity HIIT moves.
- Day 17: Center yourself with the 2nd intro to Tai Chi and QiGong session
- Day 18: Give your legs and butt a lift by strengthening your legs, hips, and glutes
- Day 19: Build your endurance and stamina with this 5-minute barre workout.
- Day 20: Open up your shoulders and arms with a yoga strap.
- Day 21: Work your upper body with the 3rd week of strength training.
- Day 22: Work up a sweat with a 10-minute workout.
- Day 23: Raise your core body temp with week 4 of HIIT workouts!
- Day 24: Intro to Tai Chi and QiGong Session 3.
- Day 25: Schedule 15 minutes today to complete this 5-move full-body workout
- Day 26: Work your shoulders and arms with 5 minutes of barre.
- Day 27: Sculpt and tone with 10 minutes of yoga.
- Day 28: Do the final strength training workout (or do all 4!)
- Day 29: Stretch your back with yoga.
- Day 30: Intro to Tai Chi and QiGong Session 4
What Sets This Challenge Apart From Other Fitness Challenges?
We’ve made this challenge specifically for Prime Women! One of the biggest complaints we hear is that Prime Women do not have enough time. So we’ve designed each day’s challenge to take only 5-15 minutes. Completing the daily challenge will mean you’re taking a few minutes a day and committing to yourself and your health.
We also want to make sure if you participate, you are not doing it alone and have accountability. Studies have shown that support and someone holding you accountable drastically increase your chances of completing a goal. That’s why we encourage you to join the Prime Women Facebook Group, where thousands of other Prime Women are supporting one another during this challenge (and beyond!).
Ready to Get Started?
There are 4 ways to make sure you’re not missing a single day of the challenge. Choose your favorite, and do yourself a favor, and set an alarm on your phone, watch, or preferred device to help create the habit.
- Sign up for the daily email.
- Bookmark this page and come back every day.
- Join the Prime Women Facebook Group or follow us on Facebook, then visit + comment daily.
- Subscribe to Prime Women Media on YouTube and click receive notifications. This is where you can find all the workout videos.
If you are already someone who has a regular workout routine, you can still complete the challenge! Just join the Facebook group and comment on the daily posts saying what you did for yourself and your health that day. Your sharing may inspire someone else.
Get Ready For The First Workout, And Make Sure You Have The Following Supplies:
Use light, moderate, and heavy weights to reach fatigue by 20 repetitions. For example, if you are just starting, you may want to use 2-pound, 5-pound, and 15-pound dumbells. This is just an example and not intended to replace your personal need to adjust your weights to your status. Err on the conservative side when you begin. You can always increase it later.
No exercise is appropriate for everybody. The advice herein is not intended to replace or be a substitute for medical advice. If in doubt, seek the advice of your physician.
Connect: Join the Prime Women Facebook Group.
Watch: Check out the videos for our 30-day fitness challenge.
Read: Set SMARTer resolutions and stick with them.