Thanksgiving is almost here, but you still have time to create easy DIY Thanksgiving table decorations that everyone at the table will enjoy. It’s especially fun to see how our style preferences evolve over time, and our decorating ideas change. Just remember, it doesn’t have to be hard to create easy DIY Thanksgiving crafts; you just need to get creative and have fun.
Creating A More Rustic Look
When my kiddo was still living at home, I loved creating fun and easy Thanksgiving crafts with him. Now that I am an empty nester, I love creating more rustic-looking decorations for the holidays, like the twine pumpkin and burlap table runner.
The twine pumpkin is so easy to make, very inexpensive, and can be used as a place setting on the table or as decorations on the fireplace. Feel free to get creative with it! You can make them big or small, and you can use all different sizes of twine.
- Roll Of Twine
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cinnamon Stick
- Wrap the twine around your fingers ten times.
- Tie a piece of twine around the wrapped bunch.
- Create 6 of these.
- Hot glue the bunches around the cinnamon stick and press firmly together to create the pumpkin.
Burlap Table Runner
This is a fun craft that you can have all of your guests help with, or you can create it ahead of time for your guests to enjoy. Have fun with this one, and make it as long as you want. You could also make separate placemats for each guest to write on so you can entertain yourselves throughout the afternoon and even keep the placemats to look back on next year.
- Rolled Burlap
- Deco Art Paint – Black
- Cut the burlap a little shorter than the table.
- Trace or freehand the words ‘Happy Thanksgiving’ on each end of the table runner.
- Paint in the letters to make them thicker.
- Pull a little string out of the burlap to fray the edges.
Glitter Leaf Place Setting
Get ready to glittify everything… Just kidding, or am I? I love using glitter and decoupage on as many things as I can during the holidays. This is a fun and easy way to add just a little pizzazz to your table and still keep the rustic look.
- Scrapbook Paper or Card Stock
- Sponge Brush
- Cut the leaves out of the scrapbook paper (see templates for ideas).
- Paint the decoupage on the outside edges of the leaves.
- Pour glitter on the painted part of the leaf.
- Write the person’s name in the center of the scrapbook paper.
To finish off the table decor, I added some wood circles, white pumpkins, and burlap ribbon silverware holders.
Coconut-Pecan Delight Cocktail
Finish off your Thanksgiving festivities with this yummy Coconut-Pecan Delight Cocktail. My friends over at Texas Ranger created this exceptional Coconut-Pecan Whiskey, and it’s so tasty it goes with just about anything.
- 1 ½ oz Texas Ranger Coconut-Pecan Whiskey
- 4 oz Ginger Ale
- ½ tsp. Brown Sugar, Plus Extra For The Rim
- Pecans for garnish
- Wet the rim of a tall glass with the whiskey.
- Roll it in some brown sugar.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour all the ingredients into the glass and stir.
6 Easy Steps to Prepare the Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey