So, you have survived the October Halloween parties, candy galore, and Thanksgiving dinner, now, we are approaching all the wonderful family get-togethers, traveling, a countdown of Christmas shopping, change in weather, and then all the amazing FOOD mixed in with a sprinkle of NO TIME TO EXERCISE for one “really hot mess.” Well, no worries! I have the ONE perfect, time-saving, “no-time-to-go-to-the-gym” pose that tones and shapes the entire body in just 60 seconds. Yep, just 60 seconds! It’s nice to have one less thing to stress over this month, isn’t it? Let me know if you need any other suggestions or help, my friends. See you back here next month!
High Plank Pose (Uttihita Chaturanga Dandasana)
High Plank Pose tones and strengthens every part of the body: legs, back, arms, shoulders, abdomen, hips, and butt. It’s the one thing you should do every single day even if you have no time to do anything else.
Here are 4 reasons why doing a High Plank Pose every day is a must
Our 5-Minute Barre series on YouTube can also help! Watch below and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more fitness videos.
Some key things to focus on for proper alignment:
– Keep the palms directly under the shoulders. Arms straight and spreading the fingers wide, middle finger pointing forward. Pressing down into the base of your fingers, distribute your weight evenly to the hands.
– Legs straight, toes tucked under and facing forward. (Imagine pushing back on a wall with your heels) Pressing the heels back is very important to keep the spine and neck in line and your bottom flat down.
* Your body should be in one straight line, abdomen, legs, and bottom engaged (without any sagging or arching). Keep the core engaged and keep your belly button “pulled into the spine.”
* Make sure your shoulder blades aren’t slouching forward. Keep a lot of space between your chest and the ground.
* Keep the eye looking forward and down.
* Remember to breathe. Holding your breath only works underwater.
Subscribe today for free to receive our weekly update and never miss an article.